Types of data we collect
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
– Centristic, or on behalf of Centristic;
– third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of M&S.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For Centristic to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Centristic to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
When someone visits www.centristic.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Centristic does not yet offer or distribute a mailing list, so no information is collected for this purpose. If and when Centristic does start to distribute a mailing list, all website visitors providing any personal information will be clearly given the option to “opt-in” to this service. Any user information previously acquired by Centristic will only be used to confirm if the user does indeed want to receive this service provided by Centristic, and if at this point the user does not “opt-in” then their information will not be stored.
How We Use Your Data
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs
– to enable Centristic to manage customer service interactions with you
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Centristic is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
– security controls which protect the entire Centristic IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
We retain data that you provide to us if we consider it necessary for working with you, if you have subscribed to our newsletter or blog, or as needed to comply with any legal obligations, and then we will securely delete your data. We will delete your data at an earlier date if you should choose to unsubscribe.
If it has been 5 years since we last invoiced you for a project, we will securely delete your data from our database.
If we have you in our database but have not sold you a service within 2 years, we will securely delete your data from our database.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer by using our “contact” form.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy will be reviewed as and when any legislative change comes into effect that will affect how Centristic is required to handle or acquire any user data. This policy will also be periodically reviewed to ensure the way in which Centristic operate is still clearly covered by this policy.
This policy was last reviewed May 2018.
Heathfield Industrial Estate
Data Protection Office: Miles Winter – email@example.com